In recognition of February being National Canned Food Month, HSHS Home Care Illinois, along with Dan Hecht Chevrolet Toyota, Roy Schmidt Honda and Hope 4 Horses Sanctuary, are teaming up to “Cram the Car” with non-perishable food items, hygiene products and monetary donations for the Catholic Charities food pantry.
You can help by dropping off these items or monetary contributions at any of these locations:
- HSHS Illinois Home Care office – Located in St. Anthony’s Health Center at 900 W. Temple Ave., Building A, Suite 101, in Effingham. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- At one of these locations during business hours:
- Dan Hecht Chevrolet Toyota – 2400 S. Banker St., Effingham
- Roy Schmidt Honda – 1705 W. Fayette Ave., Effingham
- Hope 4 Horses Sanctuary – 9550 E. 975th Ave., Effingham
Dan Hecht Chevrolet Toyota will be using monetary donations to purchase and process a pig to provide meat to Catholic Charities for their clients.
Any non-perishable items (pasta and sauce, canned vegetables, cereal, etc.) are needed but items most sought by clients are:
- Boxed meals (Hamburger Helper, Rice-a-Roni)
- Canned fruit
When donating, please check the expiration date of items and avoid donating expired goods.
Hygiene products needed are:
- Feminine products
Donations will be accepted the entire month of February. On March 1, HSHS Home Care Illinois will cram their cars with the donated items before delivering them to Catholic Charities.
For more information about the food drive, contact Valerie Engelbart, volunteer/bereavement supervisor for HSHS Home Care Illinois, at 217-685-0702 or email Valerie.Engelbart@hshs.org. To find out more about services offered by HSHS Home Care Illinois, visit www.hshshomecare.org.