Please consider the following:
1. To properly treat your current pain, please provide all previous doctor records, imaging, consultations, physical therapy records, etc.
2. A single medication or therapy may not completely rid you of your pain. Our team will work with you to explore your options.
3. Pain represents a complex problem, which may benefit from physical therapy, psychotherapy, behavioral medicine, interventional procedures and various other pain control therapies and strategies. This requires that you cooperate fully and actively participate in all aspects of the pain management program to maximize functioning, pain and improve coping with your condition.
4. Requests for scheduled refills for non-opioid pain medications will be filled within 3 business days so that your chart may be reviewed. No refills will be given in the evenings or on the weekends, holidays, or through the emergency room. You will need to make an appointment to be evaluated prior to a refill of medication if: you were recently started on a medication, the physician asks that you be seen prior to the refill and if you have not been seen with 6 months in the clinic or there are changes in your condition or health.
5. Opioid/narcotic medications are generally not prescribed. We believe that chronic non-cancer pain is better treated with other treatment options.