National Doctors' Day is celebrated annually on March 30.
It is a day to celebrate the contributions of physicians who serve in our community delivering high-quality and personal care to patients.
The HSHS St. Francis Foundation, hospital leadership and the public are celebrating the skilled medical staff with a special tribute to say “thank you” for their dedication and sacrifice.
The Foundation accepted tribute donations and special, personalized messages to be shared with identified physicians. The following providers were recognized this year:
- Dr. Zhang recognized by Betty Bledsaw
- Dr. Bruce Weber recognized by Frank & Patricia Whitlock
- Dr. Brian Quarton recognized by LaDonna Schmedeke
- Dr. Phil Johnson recognized by The McGraw Family
- Dr. Bruce Weber recognized by Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Stoddard
- Dr. Zhang recognized by Lori Stewart
- Dr. Courtney Shands recognized by Donna Walker
- Dr. Elaine Fisher recognized by Jane Martin and Nancy Hyam
- Dr. John Mihelcic recognized by Fr. George Radosevich
- Dr. Timothy Ishmael and Amber Ishmael, FNP-C recognized by Bill & Linda Calcari
- Dr. Keith Cochran recognized by Paula Endress
- Shanel Rhodes, PC-C recognized by Dennis Dedlow
- Dr. Bruce Weber recognized by Linda and Alan Weller
“Doctors dedicate their lives to the care of others. These extraordinary individuals bring comfort to patients and families each day,” said St. Francis Director of Philanthropy Paula Endress. “We especially want to thank them this year after dealing with the added stress that the COVID-19 pandemic brought to everyone in health care. As always, our providers rose to the occasion to serve our community during this health crisis.”