HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital Breese is excited to offer Wellness Tuesdays. Each Tuesday between 6 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., community members can receive lab screening tests at a reduced cost.
“We are glad to offer this service to our community,” said Amanda Ennen, interim president and CEO. “Even with insurance coverage, these tests can be costly, especially for those who have high-deductible insurance plans. We want to offer this resource for community members to monitor their health and stay on top of any health issues they may have.”
The following lab tests will be available every Tuesday at HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital Breese:
- PSA (men only): Prostate specific antigen measures a specific protein produced by the male prostate and is used to help detect prostate abnormalities or prostate cancer. ($15)
- Vitamin D: Measures the Vitamin D in the blood and possible deficiencies which can determine bone abnormalities. ($15)
- TSH: The thyroid-stimulating hormone evaluates thyroid function and/or symptoms of a thyroid disorder including hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism. ($15)
- Hemoglobin A1C: Provides a record of the average blood glucose levels over the past
- three months. ($10)
- Lipid Panel: Helps determine an individual’s risk of heart disease, ensuring proper diagnosis and treatment for borderline or high-risk issues. Fasting is required prior to the test. ($15)
No appointments are necessary, and walk-ins are welcome. Screening participants should check-in at outpatient registration and let the registrar know they are wanting the lab wellness screening. Cash payment (cash, credit card, debit card or HSA card) for tests is required at the time of the screening. Insurance plans or medical cards will not be billed.
Screening participants will be able to view their results in MyChart. The participant is responsible for follow-up with their physician to review the screening results and obtain medical advice and treatment.
For more information about HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital’s Wellness Tuesdays, please call 618-526-5356.