The Volunteer Partners of HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital
, an auxiliary group dedicated to advancing health care and hospital initiatives, wishes to congratulate students chosen to receive $1,000 scholarships. The Volunteer Partners group has been awarding scholarships for more than four decades to local students who plan to or are already attending school for a degree in a health-related field.
2020 scholarship recipients:
- Alissa Benson, attending UW-La Crosse
- Jillian Filtz, attending UW-Eau Claire
- Maria Friedel, Chippewa Falls High School graduate, plans to attend Winona State, fall 2020
- Toni McManus, HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital radiology colleague attending Ottawa University online
- Keyton Solberg, Chippewa Falls High School graduate, plans to attend Viterbo University, fall 2020
- Alexis Zenner, Chippewa Falls High School graduate, plans to attend UW-Eau Claire, fall 2020
Mary Rose Willi, president of the Volunteer Partners of HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital said it’s important to support students because they are the future of health care. “We are so excited to help pay for part of their education with these scholarships,” she said. “Our group of volunteers is dedicated to raising money for important causes like this.”
Proceeds from annual fundraising efforts, such as the steak fry and book sales, are used to fund the scholarships.
Congratulations to this year’s recipients!
Pictured from left:
Maria Friedel; Jan Docksey, Volunteer Partners Scholarship Chair; Keyton Solberg; Toni McManus; John Wagner, President and CEO of HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital; Alissa Benson; Jillian Filtz; Mary Rose Willi, Volunteer Partners President; Alexis Zenner