Maternal Health Patient Rights
1. You have the right to receive health care before, during and after pregnancy and childbirth.
2. You have the right to receive care for you and your infant that is consistent with generally accepted medical standards.
3. You have the right to choose a certified nurse midwife or physician as your maternity care professional.
4. You have the right to choose your birth setting from the full range of birthing options available in your community.
5. You have the right to leave your maternity care professional and select another if you become dissatisfied with your care, except as otherwise provided by law.
6. You have the right to receive information about the names of those health care professionals involved in your care.
7. You have the right to privacy and confidentiality of records, except as provided by law.
8. You have the right to receive information concerning your condition and proposed treatment, including methods of relieving pain.
9. You have the right to accept or refuse any treatment, to the extent medically possible.