ENA developed the Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course to establish a standardized body of pediatric emergency nursing knowledge and to improve the care of all pediatric patients. This fifth edition course combines interactive learning with scenario-based assessments to give nurses a comprehensive learning experience.
This course includes:
- A systematic approach to the initial assessment: Nurses learn A-I mnemonic. Nurses practice the systematic approach in real life situations with skilled instructors.
- Two-day intensive course with expert instructors: There is a faculty to learner ratio of approximately one faculty to four learners.
- Evidence-based content developed by pediatric emergency experts
- Verification and contact hours: RN candidates with successful completion will receive the ENA ENPC four-year provider verification card. All attendees will be awarded a contact hour certificate with appropriate contact hours. Course completion will award19.08 contact hours.
Accurate assessment of a child with acute illness or injury requires special knowledge and skills. ENPC gives nurses the tools to provide expert care for patients from birth to adolescence.
- Pediatric assessment triangle
- Early intervention
- Family presence
NEW for 5th Edition
- Interactive pre-course modules which must be completed prior to attending the class.
- Case-scenario based online modules, some with avatar driven simulation experiences.
- Patient experience videos.
- Electronic testing.
- Hands-on skill stations.
- For registration or course questions, please contact Jenn Christianson (920) 431-3228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In accordance with American with Disabilities Act, please advise Jenn Christianson if you have any disability that requires special materials and/or services so that appropriate personnel can be advised.
- All participants will receive an email confirmation with proof of purchase following completion of registration. If you do not receive a confirmation email from email@example.com following registration, please contact Jenn.
The Emergency Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The Emergency Nurses Association is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #2322.
Sponsored by: HSHS St. Vincent Hospital and Emergency Nurses Association
Registration is handled through St. Vincent Hospital, click the button below to view available Emergency Nursing Pediatric Courses.