125th Anniversary Capital Progress Fund
The Capital Progress Fund will advance our mission and vision with much needed support for new technology, equipment and facility improvements so that we can continue to meet the needs of our community and keep care local and close to home for you, your family and friends.
Phase I: Surgical services (operating rooms) and ICU
The 125th Anniversary Capital Campaign is focused on the first phase of our 2nd floor renovation. Phase I is devoted to renovating the Operating Rooms, Intensive Care Unit and creating an Intermediate Care Unit. Our community funding goal is $2.5 million.
HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital’s Operating Rooms and ICU were originally constructed as part of the new hospital in 1978. The ICU has undergone cosmetic updates in the last two years; however, the Operating Rooms have remained virtually the same as when constructed.
- In 2014, more than 2,509 surgeries were performed in our Operating Rooms.
- Currently we have five Operating Rooms that average 370 square feet in size. Larger medical equipment combined with the smaller room size, impedes access of equipment and presents workflow challenges for physicians and colleagues.
- Located on 2nd floor next to surgery instead of a medical/surgical unit.
- Shared patient restroom facilities.
- Family waiting area is outside of the unit.