Sheboygan – Community members awaiting the arrival of, or caring for a new baby, are invited to learn more about all that goes into postpartum care for mom and baby, and breastfeeding – during two free virtual presentations in March, hosted by Prevea Health and HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital.
The following presentations will be held via Zoom from 6 to 7:30 p.m., and led by Dr. Jessica Leszczynski, OB/GYN at Prevea Health in Sheboygan and Manitowoc, and labor and delivery nurses from HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital.
Thursday, March 4: Postpartum…what to expect!
- Postpartum, and what to expect during the next year
- Some baby basics including newborn care and support
- How baby is doing affects how mom is doing
- How to heal and tips for taking care of mom
- Postpartum blues, what’s normal and what to watch for
- Changes “down there” after delivery
- Family planning
Thursday, March 18: Breastfeeding basics
- What to expect when breastfeeding
- How long should I breastfeed?
- Tips for successful breastfeeding
- Milk supply; what’s normal and common myths
- How to know if baby is getting enough
- Choosing a pump, pump parts and pieces, when to pump
- Working moms and breastfeeding
- Supplementing with formula
- Local lactation help, resources and support
Both presentations are free, but registration is required online at: www.prevea.com/events.
You may also call (920) 458-4419.
About Prevea Health
Founded in Green Bay, Wis. in 1996, Prevea Health is a health care organization that provides high-quality, primary and specialty health care in 80+ locations across Northern, Eastern and Western Wisconsin in clinic and hospital settings. It is partnered with six Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS) hospitals across Wisconsin to provide patients a system of highly-coordinated care, close to home: HSHS St. Vincent Hospital and HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center in Green Bay; HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital in Sheboygan; HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital in Oconto Falls; HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital in Eau Claire; and HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital in Chippewa Falls. For more information, visit www.prevea.com.
About HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital
HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital has been delivering high quality health care to Sheboygan and its surrounding communities since 1890. HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital provides a comprehensive range of services that include cancer care, women’s services, 24-hour emergency care, digestive health, orthopedics, cardiac, home health and hospice care. The hospital’s primary purpose is to continue Christ’s healing love through the delivery of high quality and compassionate health care in an environment sensitive to the needs of all people. HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. An affiliate of Hospital Sisters Health System, we draw on the history of St. Francis of Assisi as we move to continue serving the health care needs of our area in Christ’s healing ministry, caring for all people. To learn more, visit www.stnicholashospital.org.