An important update regarding hospital visitor policies
As our community COVID-19 cases continue to decline, Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS) in Wisconsin is removing most visitor restrictions, effective Feb. 13, 2023, at the following locations:
- HSHS St. Vincent Hospital, Green Bay
- HSHS St. Vincent Children’s Hospital, Green Bay
- HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center, Green Bay
- HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital, Sheboygan
- HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital, Oconto Falls
- HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital, Eau Claire
- HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital, Chippewa Falls
The following policies are in effect:
- Visitors who are experiencing COVID-19, influenza and other infectious disease symptoms are not permitted.
- Visitors who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days are not permitted.
Note: stating that one has received COVID-19 vaccination or has a history of COVID-19 recovery does not exempt a visitor from these policies.
Visitors must mask and sanitize hands upon entering the hospital. Masks and hand sanitizer are available at hospital entrances.
- Wear a surgical-grade facemask that covers the nose and mouth at all times. Cloth masks are not permitted. Surgical-grade masks will be made available to those who do not have one. In addition, a face shield is not acceptable in place of a mask.
- Use hand sanitizer to clean hands upon entering the hospital, entering a patient room and prior to exiting a patient room.
- *Visitors must remain masked while within the hospital (this includes remaining masked while in the patient’s room).
If family members have concerns or questions, they can call our hospitals; we know how important it is for loved ones to be able to connect with their patients during times of need.
We also encourage loved ones to call their patient’s room for a telephone visit, or use cell phones to text, call or video chat with them. The main numbers for our hospitals are below and an operator can connect them to patients’ rooms:
- HSHS St. Vincent: (920) 433-0111
- HSHS St. Mary’s: (920) 498-4200
- HSHS St. Nicholas: (920) 459-8300
- HSHS St. Clare Memorial: (920) 846-3444
- HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital: (715) 717-4121
- HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital: (715) 723-1811
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We are caring for vulnerable populations within our walls and need to ensure that we remain vigilant when it comes to COVID-19; this includes the care of our patients, staff and approved visitors.
About HSHS Wisconsin
HSHS Wisconsin, a division of Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS), is comprised of six hospitals serving multiple communities throughout Eastern and Western Wisconsin: HSHS St. Vincent Hospital and HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center in Green Bay; HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital in Sheboygan; HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital in Oconto Falls; HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital in Eau Claire and HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital in Chippewa Falls. As affiliates of HSHS, and as part of Christ’s healing ministry, these hospitals draw on the history of St. Francis of Assisi to serve the health care needs of all people. For more information, visit www.hshs.org.
About Hospital Sisters Health System
Hospital Sisters Health System’s (HSHS) mission is to reveal and embody Christ’s healing love for all people through our high-quality Franciscan health care ministry. HSHS provides state-of-the-art health care to our patients and is dedicated to serving all people, especially the most vulnerable, at each of our physician practices and 15 local hospitals in two states – Illinois (Breese, Decatur, Effingham, Greenville, Highland, Litchfield, O’Fallon, Shelbyville and Springfield) and Wisconsin (Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire, Oconto Falls, Sheboygan and two in Green Bay). HSHS is sponsored by Hospital Sisters Ministries, and Hospital Sisters of St. Francis is the founding institute. For more information about HSHS, visit www.hshs.org. For more information about Hospital Sisters of St. Francis, visit www.hospitalsisters.org.