Volunteers are key members of the HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital family. They help carry out the hospital’s healing mission while demonstrating the hospital’s values of Respect, Care, Competence, and Joy.
The Gift Shop is open for call-in deliveries to patients in our hospital. If you would like to have flowers or a gift delivered to a patient room, please call the gift shop between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at 715-717-7352.
If you would like to have a uniquely rewarding experience, consider volunteering at HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital. You will make a real difference in people’s lives and in our community.
Find out more about becoming a volunteer here. You are also welcome to stop by our office, located on the first floor behind the hospital Gift Shop, or call us at 715-717-7352.
Become a Volunteer
About Our Volunteers
- They help maintain high-quality patient care with excellent customer service, friendly hospitality and positive interactions that truly make our patients’ stays memorable.
- Our volunteers enjoy a sense of being needed, and at the same time receive personal satisfaction from giving their time and talents.
- Volunteers breathe life into our hospital's mission—with service that ensures the Hospital Sisters’ mission will continue for generations to come.
You can too, because:
- your willingness to give will provide another touch of care and compassion to the patients and family members our hospital serves.
- you’ll experience an extraordinary journey of self-fulfillment.
- our professional staff and hospital personnel will come to rely on your dedication, your enthusiasm and your loyalty.
- volunteerism is a critical part of HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital’s healing mission.
- Clerical Services
- Family Waiting Center
- Gift Shop
- Information Desk
- Patient Room Checkers
- Pet Therapy
- Regional Center for Cancer Treatment & Prevention
We strive to work with your busy schedules to find the right volunteer job and hours, whether you volunteer occasionally or once a week. Snowbirds are welcome.
Student volunteers must be 14 years of age or older, and be able to commit to a minimum of 45-60 hours during the school year (4-6 months) or 25-40 hours during the summer months.
As a volunteer, you’ll receive training from another volunteer or a hospital staff member to help you become familiar with your individual responsibilities. Initial and ongoing education is provided continuously to maintain current and updated changes to the hospital environment of care.
To Get Started
- Review the Volunteer Handbook. This explains volunteer responsibilities and hospital policies and procedures.
- Complete the Volunteer Application and Health Form (PDFs)
- Schedule a personal interview with the Director of Volunteer Services by contacting the Volunteer Services Department at 715-717-4255. Please bring your completed Volunteer Application and Health Form with you to your interview.