Youth Cancer Support Group
This group meets the first Tuesday of each month from 6 - 7:30 p.m.
LocationHSHS St. Vincent Children's Hospital Heritage Conference Room A - 3rd floor Enter through the Emergency Department doors on Webster Avenue. Take the Webster Elevators to 3rd floor.
In the event of a cancellation, we request that you notify us as soon as possible.920-433-8641 firstname.lastname@example.org
At this support group, HSHS St. Vincent Children’s Hospital and our Child Life Specialists will provide a safe, warm and welcoming environment for children ages 5-12 who have a loved one affected by cancer. At this support group, children will
- build relationships with other children going through similar experiences.
- learn all about cancer.
- learn how to manage and explore their feelings surrounding cancer and their experiences with it.
- Education on cancer, what it is, how it affects their loved one.
- Education on positive and healthy coping tools and how to use them.
- A supportive and safe space for children to share their thoughts and feelings.
- Opportunities for therapeutic and normalization activities.
- Peer to peer support.