Hospital Charges and Pricing Information
Hospital Sisters Health System wants to help you navigate health care pricing and help you make informed decisions.
We know that healthcare finances can be confusing. Our colleagues are available to assist you with your financial care in many ways.
- We can provide price estimates for services throughout our network of facilities
- We can assist you in applying for state and federal programs that may help to cover your costs
- We can help you understand insurance coverage information including deductibles, co-insurance and co-pay information
- We can share with you information about using HSHS’s Financial Assistance Program
As of 1/1/19, the government requires that hospitals post a list of standard charges on their website for each service provided. The charges posted by HSHS affiliate hospitals represent GROSS CHARGES that can be billed on a patient account for each test, exam, surgical procedure, room charge, etc.
This listing contains thousands of services and supplies. These standard charges do not include physician professional services. If you are planning to schedule a specific service, you can obtain a price estimate by calling the hospital's business office or visiting our online price estimation tool.
HSHS provides a list of GROSS CHARGES to help patients make informed choices. Please be aware that actual GROSS charges and what you pay may vary based on a number of factors, including:
- Your personal insurance coverage
- The physician or provider rendering services
- The care provided and its complexity
- The location of your hospital rendered services
- How long your hospital stay was
Medicare and some insurance companies use diagnosis related groups - or DRGs - to assess hospital-related costs based on condition. The GROSS charges does not reflect what Medicare or the insurance company will pay or does not reflect what you may actually pay out of pocket.