Kiara Clinical Integration Network
KCIN is a wholly-owned subsidiary of HSHS and operates as an application service provider for the KCIN Enterprise Complete (KEC) solution to both internal HSHS entities as well as affiliated community physician practices.
THE TECHNOLOGY YOU NEED TO PROVIDE THE CARE PATIENTS DESERVE
- A wholly-owned subsidiary of HSHS
- Operates as an application service provider for the KCIN Enterprise Complete (KEC) solution to both internal HSHS entities as well as affiliated community physician practices. The KEC solution is comprised of the Allscripts TouchWorks (formerly Enterprise) Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Enterprise Practice Management (PM) solutions.
- Consists of more than 30 full–time application support, implementation and training staff
- Supports a client base of more than 20 organizations
- A network of 300 providers and 1500+ users across Illinois and western Wisconsin
- The HSHS Information Services group provides network and hardware infrastructure as well as 24x7 Help Desk support
Allscripts TouchWorks EHR and Enterprise PM Capabilities
The EHR product includes such features as providerschedules, patient lists, patient demographics, document scan, order entry with result notification, e-prescribing with pharmacy routing, drug utilization review (DUR) and formulary checking, thousands of specialty note forms and the ability for diagnosis and charge code selection with charges passing directly to the PM system. The KEC EHR solution provides clinical content for more than 40 specialties and also includes an integrated 3rd party prenatal module.
The PM system provides strong, integrated support for all essential practice management functions such as scheduling & registration, workflow automation, claims management, charge entry and collections management, as well as robust reporting capabilities. The KEC PM solution integrates seamlessly with the Allscripts/Payerpath revenue cycle management and clearinghouse service, as well as other clearinghouses.
KCIN continually reviews software updates, optimization techniques and emerging technologies to ensure system integrity and continued regulatory compliance. Our staff also has access to hundreds of other Allscripts clients for research and collaboration.
- Local, dedicated project management
- Regular, scheduled meetings including project kick-off
- Technical survey assistance with client’s computing environment
- Comprehensive readiness assessment
- Workflow analysis
- Formal end user training
- Onsite, “Go Live” support at the client site
- Transition to formal support
KCIN offers various integration options:
- Registration/scheduling/charge interface capabilities to multiple practice management systems.
- Laboratory, radiology and transcription interfaces to HSHS-owned hospitals and Quest/Labcorp are included in the cost of the base KEC solution. Interfaces to other products can be developed at additional cost.
- KCIN offers Dragon Medically Speaking as part of the base KEC solution. We can integrate to other voice recognition and transcription products at an additional cost (separately purchased solutions).
- KCIN can integrate third-party medical device technology solutions (e.g. EKG, spirometers) based on device compatibility with the Allscripts TouchWorks EHR.
- Full integration with the FollowMyHealth patient portal (separately purchased solution).
Technology and Security Infrastructure
The KCIN Allscripts environment alone consists of more than 165 servers, 40 terabytes of storage and over 60 interfaces and is supported by over 100 technology professionals associated with the ISC data center.
The KCIN Advantage
There are many advantages of the KEC solution:
- KCIN has experience in rapid implementations. Typically, we can implement a fully integrated EHR/PM environment, including base laboratory, radiology and transcription interfaces in as little as 13 weeks from contract signing.
- KCIN offers a full application support model incorporating a centralized, 24x7 help desk for initial contact/triage, an internal, dedicated application support team and strong 3rd party partner relationships for additional support.
- KCIN provides a comprehensive and clearly-defined service level agreement outlining both KCIN & client responsibilities.
- To ensure optimal operating efficiency with minimal downtime, KCIN performs regular system maintenance and subscribes to formal change/release management processes.
- KCIN has a focused commitment on continuous improvement including constant evaluation of emerging technology solutions and internal processes. We have active Physician Advisory Committees (PACs) in both Illinois and Wisconsin that provide direct clinician input on changes/customizations, additional functionality/solutions, security and privacy guidelines/ requirements, service levels, system performance & quality standards.