HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital has been a part of Oconto Falls history since 1921. HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital is a critical access hospital, licensed for 25 inpatient beds.
The hospital opened its doors at 125 S. Main Street as Community Memorial Hospital. It was formed as a not-for-profit organization with a board of directors chosen from citizens of the community. In 1954, the hospital moved to the former City Hall which was remodeled to accommodate a larger facility with 34 beds. In 1972, the current facility at 855 South Main Street opened its doors. In 2003, a $9 million dollar expansion and renovation of the facility was completed to include new Emergency, Intensive Care Unit, Imaging and Laboratory departments. In addition to these renovations to the hospital, urgent care, outpatient oncology clinic, rehab services (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, cardiac rehabilitation and pulmonary rehabilitation) and state-of-the-art equipment including digital mammography, CT and MRI were added.