What is an audiologist?
An audiologist is a Masters - Doctorate educated health-care professional specializing in identifying, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disorders of the ear.
Look to the Audiology Department for state-of-the-art treatment and comprehensive care for all ages from infants to adults. Here’s a just a short list of what they can do:
- Diagnose and treat hearing problems
- Fit and adjust digital and programmable hearing aids
- Recommend other hearing assistive technology
- Provide screening and other early detection
- Provide industrial hearing screenings per OSHA guidelines
- Help individuals communicate more effectively
- Fit custom made ear plugs for musicians and for swimmers
- NEW! Videonystagmography, or VNG, is a test for patients with dizziness or balance issues.
- And more
For an appointment or more information, call 618-526-1421 or 618-526-4511, ext. 2554.For additional assistance, please stop by the information desk, located at the main entrance of the hospital.