1954: The Sisters break ground for a new hospital, the foundation of today’s building.
1957: The new St. Vincent Hospital opens with 437 beds.
1969: The Intensive Care Unit opens with the addition of a seven-story tower, the Newborn Intensive Care Unit opens as the first resource of its kind in the area for critically ill newborns.
1975: An addition goes up on the hospital’s north side, adding much-needed space; the Regional Perinatal Center is organized to serve patients with “high risk” pregnancies.
1983: The Regional Rehabilitation Center opens.
1984: St. Vincent Home Health Care is certified.
1985: The Regional Dialysis Center moves to a new building.
1987: The Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Center is founded as a joint venture with Bellin Hospital and regional physicians to serve northeastern Wisconsin.
1988: St. Vincent celebrates its centennial with a new addition and renovation.
1998: St. Vincent launches a joint venture, EAGLE III, with Bellin Hospital and County Rescue that features a specially equipped helicopter which provides emergency air medical transportation to the region.