The first step is fill out an online application to become eligible to volunteer at HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital. If you have questions, please contact by calling 618-234-2120 ext. 52132 We can't wait to hear from you!
Volunteers are key members of the HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital family. They help carry out the hospital’s healing mission while demonstrating the hospital’s values of Respect, Care, Competence, and Joy.
Being an Auxiliary Volunteer at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital is a rewarding and challenging experience. As one of the region’s leading health care providers, St. Elizabeth’s offers exciting volunteer opportunities in a number of areas, from the Emergency Department to one of the many ancillary departments in the hospital. Becoming a St. Elizabeth’s Hospital volunteer provides individuals with a distinct sense of purpose, where special skills are truly needed and valued. In another sense, belonging to our volunteer team offers an important social outlet.
Interested in becoming a volunteer?
About HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital Volunteering
HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital has made a commitment to be recognized within our community as a hospital that provides exceptional customer service. We expect all individuals who represent HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital to exhibit our five service behavior standards:
- Create positive first impressions
- Demonstrate care and concern
- Respect dignity and maintain confidentiality
- Be a team player
- Initiate service improvements
- Be physically capable of doing volunteer work.
- Be responsible for providing your own transportation.
- Be able to attend and participate in appropriate orientation and training sessions.
- Be willing to foster the hospital’s four Core Values of Respect, Care, Competence and Joy
Additionally, Youth Volunteers, must:
- Be 16 years of age or older.
- Be able to work during summer months or at other times throughout the school year as approved by the Volunteer Coordinator.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Not all volunteer assignments involve direct contact with patients - yet each one is vital to the everyday tasks that need to be accomplished at St. Elizabeth’s, including:
- Assisting nursing staff
- Escorting patients/visitors
- Helping with fund-raising efforts
- Delivering flowers and e-cards
- Concierge positions at various information desks
- Performing non-clinical volunteer rounding
- Assisting with various clerical duties
- Assisting in the Gift Shop
The flexibility associated with volunteering at St. Elizabeth’s is one of the many “job benefits.” However, reporting to the hospital when scheduled is a quality our most valued volunteers regularly adhere to. You may choose how often you work, depending upon the needs of the staff. Usually, there is plenty of work to be distributed to our volunteer team.
Interested? Please call 618-234-2120 ext. 52132 for volunteer inquiries and application requests.