Visitor guidelines updated
March 03, 2022
Visitor restrictions put in place at HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital Breese have been updated due to a decline in COVID-19 numbers in our region.
Paper, medical-grade masks (non-cloth) are still mandatory in all health care facilities, per CDC guidelines. Visitors should also expect to be screened upon entry.
Effective Wednesday, March 2, visitors will now be permitted as follows:
- Adult patient: One visitor who must stay in the patient’s room for duration of visit.
- Pediatric patient: Two parents and/or guardians who must stay in the patient’s room for duration of visit.
- Adult inpatients: Two visitors per patient per day during the hours of 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Pediatrics inpatients: Two parents or guardians allowed.
- Women and infants center: One main support person who must remain the same for the hospital stay and a second visitor allowed each day.
- End-of-life patients: Two visitors per patient per day.
Surgery (inpatient and outpatient): One visitor in the patient’s room for the duration of the surgical procedure.
Outpatient diagnostic and therapy services: One visitor may accompany the patient or wait in designated waiting areas.
Approved visitors/support persons must be over the age of 18 unless they are parents of a child receiving care and will continue to be screened upon entering the facility for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure. NO VISITORS ALLOWED for patients under investigation for possible COVID-19 diagnosis and those confirmed positive for COVID-19.
Family members and loved ones should provide nursing staff with their contact information and may call the hospital’s main number to check on their loved ones. Virtual video visits with your loved one are also an option.
These guidelines are subject to change at any time to address the health needs of our communities. By putting these guidelines in place, St. Joseph's Hospital Breese is exemplifying its commitment to the dignity and care of all, especially the most vulnerable among us.
HSHS Illinois Communications Manager