Social Work at HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital Breese
St. Joseph's Social Work Department offers comprehensive services for inpatients, outpatients, and the community as a whole.
The Social Work Department is located in the 1 South Medical Unit of the hospital, and is staffed from 8 am to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information, call 618-526-5330.
- advocating for patient concerns
- situational counseling and referrals, adjustment to illness counseling
- protective service assessment and referral
- transition of care plan development
- information and referral to community agencies
- ensuring patients receive safe and timely discharges.