HSHS St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center's cardiology capabilities include a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services designed to serve our community.
Our Heart Care Family
At the core of our Heart Center is a well-rounded team of top-notch professionals with years of experience and specialized training in the most advanced cardiac care practices. From cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons to cardiovascular technicians and critical care nurses, it’s a long list with many hard-to-pronounce titles. Whether or not you understand the title of the professional, you will always understand the care you are receiving.
Our integrated approach to patient care provides each of our cardiac patients with continuity of care, ranging from diagnosis through treatment and rehabilitation. With hospitalist physicians on duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, St. Mary’s offers a full range of cardiac services with the exception of open-heart surgery.
Chest Pain Center
The Critical Decision Treatment Unit (CDTU) is the entry point to cardiac services for patients that come through the Emergency Department. The unit helps narrow down the initial diagnosis for patients experiencing heart issues using a variety of technologies and tests.
In the event of chest pain or acute MI (heart attack), the patient is transferred to the Cardiac Catheterization Lab for further tests.
Patients with coronary artery disease are typically treated with procedures like angioplasty and stenting, coronary artery bypass grafting (surgery), and medications to improve blood flow to the heart muscle. Other procedures available include Catheterization Laboratory Procedures, Noninvasive Cardiovascular Diagnostic Procedures and Surgical Procedures.
Heart Care Procedures
- Ablation of complex arrhythmia
- Angioplasty with stenting
- Atrial septal defect closures
- Defibrillator implantation
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- Electrophysiologic evaluation of complex arrhythmias
- Evaluation of cardiac valves
- Evaluation of congenital heart disease
- Pacemaker implantation
- Patent foramen oval closures
- Vascular angioplasty and stenting
- Cardiac and vascular ultrasound
- Doppler exams
- Heart calcium scoring
- Holter monitoring
- Nuclear treadmill testing
- Stress echocardiography
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Multi slice cardiac/vascular CT angiogram
- Aortic root and arch surgery
- Cardiac Anesthesia Monitoring
- Cerebral oxygenation monitoring
- Continuous right and left heart function monitoring
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
- General thoracic surgery (Mediastinal tumors; lung surgery; extensive, minimally invasive, video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery)
- Heart valve replacement and repair
- Micra® Pacemaker
- Perioperative transesophageal echocardiography
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Transmyocardial laser revascularization
- Thorascopic microwave ablation
- Vascular surgery (aortic, cerebrovascular renal and peripheral)