The inpatient therapy team at HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital is dedicated to helping patients make a full recovery. HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital provides physical, occupational and speech therapy, as well as lymphedema management.
The caring, compassionate therapists at HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital are an integral part of the patient’s comprehensive care and work in collaboration with the patients’ healthcare team including their physicians, nurses, social workers, care managers and dietary managers to ensure the highest quality of care. Our therapists also provide feedback about prior level of function, special care needs, discharge plans and possible home modifications.
- Activities of daily living, such as dressing and bathing
- Range-of-motion, strengthening and coordination exercises
- Patient and family education and training in equipment needs
- Vision and memory training
- Restoring normal function, strength and coordination
- Improving mobility
- Relieving pain
- Regain speaking, reading and writing abilities
- Improve a patient’s ability to understand what others are saying
- Improve a patient’s thinking, math and memory skills, so they can manage their affairs
- Improving swallowing skills to a safe level with food and beverages