HSHS St. Vincent Children’s Hospital is located inside HSHS St. Vincent Hospital where the first clinical genetics programs in Northeast Wisconsin was developed.
We have an experienced team of experts who provide high quality general genetics services and genetic counseling to patients and their families.
For questions or to make a genetics appointment, call 920-433-8559.
A genetics evaluation involves a diagnostic evaluation provided by our staff of experts and includes:
- Physical examination and treatment plan by a physician geneticist.
- Diagnostic testing.
- Review of medical and family histories.
- Genetic counseling.
Prenatal genetic counseling helps individuals find answers to questions such as:
- Is my baby at increased risk of having a birth defect or genetic conditions?
- What concerns are there if I am 35 or older with my pregnancy?
- Is genetic testing an option for me during my pregnancy or before pregnancy begins?
- What options do I have for carrier testing?
- How might my prenatal testing help influence my pregnancy and medical management?
- What concerns are there about my use of medications during pregnancy?
- My baby has a birth defect; what can I do to prepare for delivery and make special plans?
- Abnormal genetic testing results
- Birth defects
- Cystic fibrosis
- Neurologic or neuromuscular disorders
- Unexplained developmental delays
- Intellectual disability
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Vision or hearing loss or abnormalities
- Connective tissue disorders
- Neurocutaneous disorders
- Suspected genetic syndromes
- Psychiatric or mental health condition