Wellness Blood Screening
Every Wednesday is Wellness Wednesday at Holy Family Hospital, meaning community members can receive lab screening tests at a lower cost.
The following lab tests will be available every Wednesday at HSHS Holy Family Hospital at a discounted rate:
- PSA (men only): Prostate specific antigen measures a specific protein produced by the male prostate, and is used to help detect prostate abnormalities or prostate cancer.
- Vitamin D: Measures the Vitamin D in the blood and possible deficiencies, which can determine bone abnormalities.
- TSH: The thyroid-stimulating hormone evaluates thyroid function and/or symptoms of a thyroid disorder, including hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.
- Hemoglobin A1C: Provides a record of the average blood glucose levels over the past three months.
- Lipid Panel: Helps determine an individual’s risk of heart disease, ensuring proper diagnosis and treatment for borderline or high risk issues. Prior to the test, fasting is required.
- FIT (Fecal Immunochemical Test): Tests for hidden blood in the stool which can detect early signs of colorectal cancer.
To learn more call 618-664-1230