- Speech disorders
- Apraxia of speech
- Articulation and phonological processes
- Orofacial myofunctional disorders
- Speech sound disorder
- Language disorders
- Cognitive-linguistic communication
- Language delay
- Language-based learning disabilities
- Medical conditions
- Augmentative and alternative
- Brain Injury
- Communications (AAC)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Modified barium swallow exam (MBS)
HSHS Good Shepherd's skilled therapists are here to restore patient's communication
Speech therapy may be involved when your communication, thinking or swallowing has been affected by illness or injury. Our skilled speech therapists are specifically trained to restore, rehabilitate and help patients:
- Regain speaking, reading and writing abilities
- Improve a patient’s ability to understand what others are saying
- Improve a patient’s thinking, math and memory skills, so they can manage their affairs
- Improving swallowing skills to a safe level with food and beverages
Speech therapy is designed to help patients with disorders, conditions and disabilities improve their communication abilities. Our speech therapy staff works with patients of all ages, from children to senior citizens, to ensure every patient has the ability to express themselves, a trait that heightens confidence and a sense of belonging.
Expression can be much more than just talking. Our professional staff will teach other forms of expression like gestures, body language and signing. Patients who have trouble with forming sentences correctly or recalling words will also find relief through our speech therapy department.
To discuss or schedule treatment, please contact us at 217-774-6434. Hours of operation are 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday. Please let us know if you have special scheduling requirements.