The compassionate therapy team at HSHS St. Anthony's are dedicated to helping patients make an optimal recovery.
HSHS St. Anthony's Physical Rehabilitation and Wellness
St. Anthony's offers specialized rehabilitation services to help patients achieve their maximum potential and return to a healthy lifestyle. Our therapists work with each patient and their families to create an individualized treatment plan with realistic goals.
Outpatient therapy services are available at two convenient locations:
Richard E. Workman Sports & Wellness Complex
HSHS St. Anthony's Health Center - Altamont
We are here with you
As an inpatient, you may receive Physical Rehabilitation services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy. Our well-trained staff of therapists are here to help patients recover from injury, disease and surgery.
Occupational therapy helps prepare patients to successfully perform daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and home care management. Our highly-skilled occupational therapy team will customize a program to help restore function through:
- Activities of daily living, such as dressing and bathing
- Range-of-motion, strengthening and coordination exercises
- Patient and family education and training in equipment needs
- Vision and memory training
The goal of physical therapy is to restore normal movement and function after a patient undergoes surgery or suffers from an illness or injury. Our dedicated team of licensed physical therapists uses hands-on treatment, exercise and gait training to help you regain independence. Physical therapy assists with:
- Restoring normal function, strength and coordination
- Improving mobility
- Relieving pain
Speech therapy may be involved when your communication, thinking or swallowing has been affected by illness or injury. Our skilled speech therapists are specifically trained to restore, rehabilitate and help patients:
- Regain speaking, reading and writing abilities
- Improve a patient’s ability to understand what others are saying
- Improve a patient’s thinking, math and memory skills, so they can manage their affairs
- Improving swallowing skills to a safe level with food and beverages