Caregiver Interfaith Volunteer Services (CIVS)
CIVS is a network of religious congregations that provide services free of charge to older adults (60 years of age and older) in Springfield, Chatham, Rochester and Sherman regardless of income, religious beliefs or ethnic backgrounds.
VOLUNTEER-DRIVEN TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
At this time, CIVS is only providing transportation to and from medical appointments for existing care-receivers. Until further notice all non-medical transportation, home visits and minor home repair services are suspended.
Services are provided by trained volunteers of all ages from area congregations to help older adults improve their quality of life and remain independent as long as possible.
CIVS is supported by donations to HSHS St. John’s Foundation.
CIVS volunteers do not:
- Transfer or transport persons in wheelchairs
- Administer medication
- Perform personal care services
- Provide services on a daily basis
Who can call to request services
- Family members, friends or neighbors of someone in need
- Social service agencies, hospitals, doctors, and other medical facilities
How to request services
- Call the CIVS office at 217-757-6621 and leave a message
- Provide us a specific date, a name and location (address) of where you are going
- Allow 3 – 4 working days’ time for us to get a volunteer to assist