The compassionate inpatient therapy team at HSHS St. Vincent Hospital and HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center are dedicated to helping patients make an optimal recovery.
HSHS St. Vincent and St. Mary’s Hospitals provide a wide range of therapy services including physical, occupational and speech therapy.
The therapists at HSHS St. Vincent and St. Mary’s Hospitals are an integral part of the patient’s comprehensive care and work in collaboration with the patients’ healthcare team—including their physicians, nurses, social workers, case managers and dietitians—to ensure the highest quality of care. Our therapists also assist with discharge plans and home modifications, based on prior level-of-function and special care needs.
- Activities of daily living, such as dressing and bathing
- Range-of-motion, strengthening and coordination exercises
- Patient and family education and training in equipment needs
- Vision and memory training
- Restoring normal function, strength and coordination
- Improving mobility
- Relieving pain
- Regain speaking, reading and writing abilities
- Improve a patient’s ability to understand what others are saying
- Improve a patient’s thinking, math and memory skills, so they can manage their affairs
- Improving swallowing skills to a safe level with food and beverages