Tuition and Fees

Find out more about the cost of your degree on our Tuition and Fees page.

See Costs

Refund Policy

To be fair and equitable to all students who withdraw from the college, the federal formula is used to determine the refund a student is to receive even if no federal financial aid is involved. 

The Higher Education Act as amended mandates the way funds paid towards a student's education are to be calculated when a recipient of Title IV fund withdraws. Withdrawal or termination procedure follows established college policy. Completion of withdrawal procedures will automatically initiate calculation of refunds. An administrative fee of up to 5% of school charges or $100 (whichever is less) will be calculated against all refunds. 

The federal formula mandates a return to Title IV aid if the student received federal financial assistance in the form of a Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, Federal Stafford Student Loans, and Federal Plus Loans. A statutory federal formula is applied to determine the amount of Title IV funds a student has earned at the "date of withdrawal." 

Generally, after completion of 60% or more of the semester, a student has earned 100% of the Title IV funds and is charged 100% of the cost for tuition and fees. The student is always responsible for miscellaneous charges to their account. 

If a student does not complete 60% or more of the semester, the percentage of Title IV aid to be returned is equal to the number of calendar days remaining in the semester divided by the number of calendar days in the semester. Scheduled breaks of more than 5 consecutive days are excluded. 

If any funds are remaining after the return of the Title IV aid, they will be used to repay state funds, private or institutional aid. All aid sources will be repaid before any funds are returned to the student. If funds were released to a student because of a credit balance on the student's account, the student may find he or she owes a balance to the college. 

Privacy of Student Records

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education.

Learn More

Withdrawals and Readmissions

Withdrawal from a course

Students may withdraw from a course any time after the drop period and before the last day of class or clinical. Withdrawals will be recorded on the transcript according to policy as WX if before midterm, WP if passing the course after midterm, WF if failing the course after midterm, and WA if auditing the course. Any course in which a grade of WX, WP, WF, or WA is received must be repeated in its entirety. 

Add/Drop/Withdrawal Procedure

Students adding, dropping or withdrawing from a course must complete the Change of Study form. This form is available through the academic advisor. After this form is completed and signed, the student takes the form to the academic dean for approval. 

Withdrawal from the college

Students withdrawing from the college must complete the official withdrawal procedure. This procedure is available through the academic advisor. The student is responsible for providing written documentation that all library and course materials, identification badge and parking permit have been returned. The student is responsible for finalizing all financial obligations to the college. The appropriate status at withdrawal will be recorded on the student's transcripts according to policy.


Students who have not been enrolled in the college within the last year must complete the readmission process. Those seeking readmission must contact the appropriate academic person for full details concerning the process. Decisions regarding readmission will be made by the Student Affairs Committee with full consideration of individual student circumstances and space availability. Students re-enter under current academic and clinical policies/requirements.

Transfer Policies

Lower Division Credits

Transfer of credit from St. John's College to other institutions is dependent upon the policies and procedures of the receiving institution. St. John's College cannot guarantee acceptance of transfer credit or equivalency of transferred credit in other institutions. 

Upper Division Credits

Students who wish to transfer credit for courses completed in other accredited baccalaureate programs must meet the general admission criteria and submit an official transcript and a college catalog. In addition, students seeking admission to the nursing major must submit a statement indicating the reason they wish to transfer and provide copies of all nursing course syllabi. Upper division non-nursing courses taken on a CR/NC or P/F basis will be accepted only if the granting institution evaluates this option as a grade of C or above. The course hours will be counted towards graduation, but will not be calculated in the GPA.